HLTAID011 (Previously Known As HLTAID003) – Provide First Aid (Includes HLTAID009 Provide CPR)
Booking is Full on Selected Date. Please select another Date option for Booking
Booking Time is over for Selected Date. Please select another Date option for Booking
HLTAID011 Course Summary
This course “Provide First Aid HLTAID011’ provides participants with the skills and knowledge to effectively provide First Aid and perform CPR to a range of injuries and illnesses.
The course is offered by The First Aid Group, Registered Training Organisation 32268. Training and assessment are undertaken by BLS First Aid on behalf of The First Aid Group.
Please note this course includes pre-course online learning, which must be completed prior to attending. Online learning is only valid when completed within 8 weeks of attending the physical in person portion of the course. Please keep this restriction in mind for booking or rebooking your course.
- Roles and responsibilities of the first aider
- How to use a defibrillator (AED)
- The DRSABCD action plan and responding to emergency situations
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Responding to medical conditions such as diabetes, fractures and dislocations and unconsciousness
- Responding to life-threatening conditions such as heart attack, stroke, spinal, head, facial, abdominal and chest injuries
- Burns, wound, poisoning, choking, as well as sprains and strains management
- Infection, bites and stings control
- Heat and cold-induced conditions
HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support
HLTAID011 Provide first aid
HLTAID011 Enrolment in Kakowan Community Facility
Bookings for training at our Kakowan Community Facility location can be made through our booking form on the right-hand side of this page. You will receive a confirmation email within a few minutes of completing the form. If you do not receive an email within the allocated time frame and your junk and spam folders do not have your confirmation, then please contact us directly at [email protected].
Pre Course learning: 2 - 3 hours
Course Duration: 5 hours
First Aid skills should be renewed every three (3) years from date of issue.
Resuscitation skills should be renewed every 12 months as per First Aid in the Workplace Code of Practice and Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines.
- Aged 14 years and older
- Participants under 14 years of age are required to provide a consent form complete by a legal guardian
- Good mobility
Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Requirements
- Participants will require suitable LLN skills to complete the following tasks/skills:
- Listen and understand verbal information delivered by an English-speaking trainer
- Complete written incident report forms in English
- Read and answer a multiple-choice question paper
- Read and answer a short-written answer test
- Listen to instructions of an Automated External Defibrillator where prompts are delivered in English
- Be able to count to 30
- Arrive on time to class
- Obey parking restrictions
- Bring your Confirmation Letter as proof of registration.
- Bring photographic ID
- Wear comfortable clothing
- Wear enclosed shoes.
- Do not make up for courses that include CPR
Need to know more, read our first aid course Brisbane course participant handbook.
HLTAID011: Provide First Aid Certification Issue
Assessment results and feedback is given at the completion of training and assessment.
Statement of Attainment (SOA) is issued:
- Within 21 business days after course completion
- After payment has been finalised
- Once students have provided a valid USI
100% attendance and if students can successfully demonstrate competence in all assessment activities. If you are not deemed competent, you will be given two (2) additional attempts. After these attempts, if you are still deemed ‘not yet competent’, you will need to repeat the course at your own expense.
Rebooking or Refund Policy
If BLS First Aid is unable to provide the agreed training services, an alternative date can be arranged, or a full refund will be provided. If you cancel or reschedule your training without 24 hours notice a 25% rebooking fee will be applied.
On-site training is also available if you have between 6 to 15 staff requiring the training. Please send an on-site enquire here.
How to Get Further Information